DIY Fall Basket:
Dollar Store Outdoor Fall Decor
Fall is in full swing here in NY and we have just put away all of our Halloween decorations from our Haunted Cemetery. If you haven’t seen it, you need to check out our post here. Well, anyways back to the first Fall DIY post and what makes it great for the most part it’s either free or from the Dollar Store!
Difficulty Level: Easy
- Large flower pot/large bucket (decorative or Rustic, designers choice) we already had this on hand, so it was free.
- Leaves (fallen off the tree)
- Leave ropes (dollar store)
- Sunflowers or any fall flowers of your choosing
- Christmas rope lights (we had this already, no need to be fancy with the type of lights)
- First it all pends on how much leave ropes you were able to get your hands on. Personally, we only bought two for this project. The #protip to this is stuff the large bucket/flower pot with leaves from the floor to fluff it up. It “A”saves money and it gives it that authenticity to this fall decor.
- Next in a circular set-up place, your leave ropes and then your lights and mix them all up.
- Lastly, add all your flowers, pumpkins and etc.
- And that is it our friends, light that baby up and enjoy your inexpensive fall decor.
Zgallerie Centerpiece Hack
Love Zgallerie home decor pieces, but not the Zgallerie PRICE? Yea, us too! So if this tickles your fancy then please keep reading…
Saw this centerpiece on Zgallerie’s Instagram page and we got to thinking and by “we” this was a Barbara project. So “I” Barbara thought this could be done very inexpensively. I went to the dollar store, Michaels, and my own stash of craft supplies. Please note I tweaked the centerpiece just a little, as you can tell mine does not have glasses and I added a crow. You may take your own creative liberty
Difficulty Level: Easy
- Medium size plastic pumpkin – Dollar Store
- Small pumpkins 2-3 -Dollar Store
- Skull – Dollar Store
- crow-Dollar Store
- Sparkles- Michael’s Craft Store
- Paint (white, Black)- Michael’s Craft Store
- Mod Pod-Michael’s Craft Store
- Paint Brushes-Michael’s Craft Store
- Spray Paint (silver or gold)
- Clear Spray paint to make shiny and smooth- Michael’s Craft Store
- Sand Paper – Home Depot
- Small Vase- Dollar Store
- Black Flowers -Michael’s Craft Store
- Grab your sandpaper and rough up the vase and skull. Doing this will allow the spray paint to set better.
- Spray Paint light coats onto the vase and skull
- Paint your pumpkins 2-3 coats should do
- Grab clear spray can and apply a light coat
- Once all are dry, grab the mod pod and your paint brush apply your zigzag lines around the pumpkins.
- Next, take your sparkles and sprinkle onto the glue lines you just created
- On the larger pumpkin, you will place glue on the stem and sprinkle sparkles as well