DISCLAIMER, PRIVACY, TERMS
- Young Couple Old Homee is created and written solely by Barbara Scenna and/or James Salerno, first-time homeowners. We learn by trial and error. We are by no means experts – just two people enjoying the learning process and sharing it along the way.
- This site will never sell or share your email address or any other contact info to outside companies (unless you’re the winner of a giveaway and they need your address to ship your prize, for which we will first ask you to share this info).
- We love and appreciate the time our readers take to comment on one of my posts. Most of the time, you will see your comment published the same day, but anonymous comments and ones with URLs attached are more heavily filtered by a plugin that saves us a little time and protects us from spammers. As the sole moderator for this site, any leftover comments that get past this plugin are pretty much left up to my discretion to approve. So if we think your comment is a little heavy with self-promotion or doesn’t support the post in any way, we may still interpret these as spam and delete them so that the comment section doesn’t get bombarded with things that take away from the discussion.
- The opinions and statements found on this site are 100% ours, which may not always be full of sunshine and rainbows, but they are never intended to offend or attack any group or individual. We like to joke around as much as the next person, but comments on this site or on any of our social media accounts that we find offensive will be deleted. Bottom line: don’t be a dick, and we’ll all get along just fine.
- The various home improvement & decorating suggestions and tutorials on Young Couple Old Home are not error-proof. We are by no means licensed contractors, we don’t do construction projects outside of our home professionally, and we try to make it clear that we are posting about things we learn. Safety should always be your #1 priority, so please take extra precautions and do the proper research before starting any project on your own. Checking with your local utility authorities, homeowner’s association rules etc. is always advised and Young Couple Old Home (and it’s writers) cannot be held responsible for your personal safety or the outcome of your home improvement undertakings. If you’re injured attempting something you’ve seen on this site, or if a project doesn’t yield the results that you expected after following my tutorials, Young Couple Old Home is in no way liable.
- Young Couple Old Home reserves the right to move, replace, or delete images or content without prior disclosure.
- All photos that aren’t taken by Young Couple Old Home are credited and linked to an outside source. They are believed to be in public domain and readily available on the internet (published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act, title 17, U.S. Code).
- Photos not credited to an outside source have been taken by Barbara Scenna and or James Salerno (aka Young Couple Old Home) on this blog or other forms of social media) and are protected. Failure to link back and credit this site as their source constitutes a copyright violation. We don’t hate photo sharing, so sharing one image per post from The Ugly Duckling House (as long as they’re credited and accompanied by a link back to this site) is fine by us!
- Occasionally, we will post content from other blogs or readers that have provided us with images or text. By sending us this information, you are granting Young Couple Old Home permission to use it.
- Duplicating text written for The Young Couple Old Home hurts our Google page rankings because it’s considered to be repeat content. Please paraphrase or link to this site’s content as opposed to hitting your Ctrl+V.
- In the interest of full honesty and transparency, any free stuff that we recieve, products or services provided at a discounted rate, or giveaways that we host are fully disclosed. We have a personal interest in the integrity of this site, so we make every effort to disclose free product or sponsorship so that you always know that the review or opinion provided is 100% ours, both positive and negative.
- In the same regard as the bullet point above, we link to online sources when sharing inspiration images or what I shop for (such as on our How To Install Cabinet Lighting). These sources will sometimes contain affiliate links, which means that purchases made from these links earn us a small commission. Please note, however, that the items are picked based on our own personal tastes (however good or bad that might be).
- In selecting sponsorship, we try to select only the kinds of companies offering goods or services related to the content that you’ll find on this site, and that which will appeal to our readers (i.e. home improvement, crafting, etc). However, we have no way of pre-screening each item that you may discover through this site. Purchases made through these linked affiliates must be handled between you and that vendor or company.
- We do not actually give away anything or mail prizes out for giveaways. We got tired of the Telephone Game when I was six, so I let the company who sponsors the giveaway be responsible for that. Therefore, when you win a giveaway, we provide the sponsoring company with your contact information, and the two of you handle the claiming of your prize from there. We cannot be held liable for any prize not received since we are not directly involved in shipment or delivery. Any issues involving the shipment, delivery, receipt, (or quantity, quality, etc.) of a prize must be taken up with the company who sponsored the giveaway directly.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit this website. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Barbara Scenna and or James Salerno. For questions about this blog, please contact Youngcoupleoldhome (dot) com.
- This blog accepts forms of cash, sponsorship, products, or forms of service. Payments are accepted for the efforts of writing, photography, supplies, and time to create and edit content.
- The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or opinions made in this blog. Sidebar advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third-party ad network.
- The owners of this blog are compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics in individual articles. If such a sponsorship or compensation is received, it is disclosed as such within the article post. The views, findings, beliefs, experiences and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Young Couple Old Home